Saturday, July 6, 2013

Final Bag 1

Today's goal of finishing the bag was met.

After I applied the interfacing to protect the stitches, I sewed up the sides on both the potter bag and the white linen liner. Three original has a lovely bit of hold tablet weaving over the seams. I opted to use more gold couching because I currently lack tablet weaving supply. After which I added a little tassel, a detail more popular on 12th century bags.
Upon lining the bag, I left a small opening so I could turn it properly. I had originally planned to leave that opening in the liner, but forgot about it till I put it on the machine.


Oh well...

Anyway, I crocheted up some silk cords that I had to fight my kitten for control of.  I managed to drum up some nice silver metal beads from work to tie on to the ends. Attaching the ties was the hardest thing to do with Egon constantly trying to eat them.

But it is all done now. My husband wants a bag of his own now.  Who saw that coming?

Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment